Morning sickness is an unpleasant yet a most common symptom of pregnancy. It typically occurs during the first trimester of pregnancy, however, for some expectant women, it continues till the whole term. The symptoms of morning sickness are nausea and vomiting. Hence, if you have a morning sickness then you may not have a good appetite or a willingness to eat fully. Therefore, in this blog, you will find some useful tips to help you with Morning Sickness.
1. Keep any biscuit like Monaco, Cream cracker, etc by you before going to the bed at night. Once you wake up in the morning, just grab one or two biscuits before leaving your bed. You can also do this during the daytime when you go to lie down on your bed.
2. Have ginger whenever you feel sick. Ginger is helpful in reducing nausea and vomiting, however, it should be consumed in moderate quantity. You can try ginger tea or a glass of warm water with few drops of lemon and ginger juice.
3. Try having regular meals, but in small quantity, with plenty of water intake.
4. Sniff lemon, or mint.
5. Get plenty of rest if you are not a working woman. However, do not go for a nap right after the meal as this may cause nausea.
6. Avoid oily, fried or spicy foods during your dinner. Increase the intake of light and fresh meals. And if you're experiencing the heightened sense of smell, then it is good if you avoid cooking for the initial months.
Consult your doctor for sure, if you are not getting relief in morning sickness.
VITAMIN B6 and MORNING SICKNESS
According to many studies, the intake of Vitamin B6 helps a lot in morning sickness. Moreover, there is no harm to the foetus as well after the consumption of Vitamin B6. For the correct dosage of Vitamin B6 in a day, consultation with a doctor is highly recommended.
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin which is needed by your body to produce amino acids and metabolize macronutrients such as carbohydrates, protein and fats. Vitamin B6 is vital for the healthy function of the brain and nervous system, hence, crucial during the pregnancy.
The natural sources of Vitamin B6 are the wholegrain wheat and other cereals, nuts, seeds, banana, fish, and lean meat.
Apart from the above useful tips to help you with morning sickness you can also try having flavored Popsicle or some healthy drinks like
aam-panna (an Indian drink made up of raw mangoes renowned for its heat resistant properties).
Homemade tomato soup
CALL YOUR DOCTOR
If home remedies do not work to help you with morning sickness then it is good to call your doctor. As if you ignore, then the situation may get worse and intensified. Therefore, consult your doctor and get a prescribed medicine to treat your morning sickness well.